Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Surgery That Didn't Happen,

Hi from very cold (-7 deg.) Nebraska. Well some of you already know the story, on Jan.28th, the day before I was to start the prep for my Bariatric surgery; I came down with a 24 hr. bug. The next day I called my Dr. and he said to proceed with the prep. The prep consisted drinking a gal. of "cleansing liquid" and 18 huge antibiotic tablets over a 7hr period. I was only able to get part way through the prep before I became violently ill. My Dr. said stop, I won't go into the details, but I ended up in the ER. That was 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am still not well. It appears I am highly sensitive to one of the antibiotics given to me. All of this has led me to think that maybe I shouldn't have the surgery. And to be honest with you I am now afraid to. I just want to start feeling better, which is why I decided to have the procedure in the first place. I had my family very worried there for awhile. I can't say why some things happen in our lives like they do. I only know there is a reason for every thing that does happen. I hope to have a surprise on the site soon. At least it is a surprise to me. Hope you will check back monthly, until then you are in my prayers............Love, Debbie

2 comments:

The Cowgills said...

Hey Debbie!
How's everything going?? I keep waiting for an update to hear that everything's going ok!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

I LIKE TATER-TOTS