Saturday, January 26, 2008
Why I call my blog "Currant Bush News"
The other day I was talking to my Mom and she asked "why do you call it Currant Bush news, is it about the President"?
I smiled and told her I never really thought about that and then went on to explain why I chose this title, So now I will share that with you too.
Awhile back I read the book, "Rejoice!" by Ardeth Greene Kapp. In her book she shares a story from President Hugh B. Brown.
President Brown told of having purchased a farm in Canada. One morning he saw a currant bush on his farm that had grown to be about 6 feet high and needed pruning. so he cut it back to "nothing but a little clump of stumps."
Then he said; "I thought I saw on top of each of these little stumps, a tear, and I thought the currant bush was crying. I looked at it and smiled and said, "What are you Crying about?" You know I thought I heard that currant bush talk, it said, "how could you do this to me? I was making such wonderful growth... I thought you were the gardener here," I said " look little currant bush, I am the Gardener here and I know what I want you to be. I didn't intend you to be a fruit tree or a shade tree. I want you to be a currant bush, and some day , little currant bush, when you are laden with fruit , you are going to say, "Thank you, Mr. Gardener, for loving me enough to cut me down, for caring enough about me to hurt me. Thank you Mr. Gardener."
Sometimes I feel like that little Currant bush then I remember, "God is the gardener here, He knows what he wants me to be." I know that all things that happen, happen for a reason, and I trust in that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love tnat story! I know you will be the most beautiful bush ever!!
Just wanted to let you know I tagged you! The directions are posted on my blog. HOpe everyhing is going well for you!
I THINK NINJA'S RULE!!!
Post a Comment